The premises comprised of two Grade II Listed cotton mills built in 1895 and 1902. Black Cat were appointed to provide a detailed cost breakdown of essential repairs to facilitate a possible future use as general storage warehousing. This was required to help support an outline planning application for re-developing the site for residential use.
A detailed site survey was undertaken of the building fabric, and specialist mechanical and electrical engineers appointed to advise on the building services. The cost of works required to bring the facility up to an appropriate operating standard equated to circa £8million and to undertake refurbishment was demonstrated to be economically unviable.
Planning permission was granted for residential redevelopment subject to the Secretary of State granting removal of the property’s Listed status.